Position Name : Middleware Engineer
No of positions : 1
Job Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Job Duration : Long Term
Job Type : Permanent or Contract-to-hire
Qualification : Bachelors / Masters
Experience : 3 to 5 years
Required Skills :
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a software development role with a focus on data systems
- Hands-on advanced SQL skills and experience developing data warehouse and data mart solutions
- Hands-on experience building scalable and reliable data pipelines based on Big Data technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.
- Hands-on experience and programing skills in Python or Java
- Experience with ETL tool.
- Experience with scheduling tools like Airflow etc.
- Experience working with source code repositories like GITHUB etc.
- Knowledge of BI tools (Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure) is a plus
Other Skills :
- Strong communication skills both technically and non-technically
- A desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Should be self-driven, should have the ability to take initiatives and a good team player
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Design, implement and support efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data from a wide variety of data sources to map to our data models
- Design and implement data aggregation, cleansing and reporting layers
- Work cross functionally with analysts, product managers and BU/FG teams to build systems for effective data exploration and consumption
- Work in an agile, SCRUM driven environment to deliver new and innovative products
- Ability to proactively follow issues through to resolution
- Contributes to innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole
- Be a great team player and be willing to share expertise with others